Once the application has been accepted, ESAN will send the official Admission Letter to the student. They will help the students to obtein the "VISA Oficial de Intercambio" (notice it is NOT the student visa) al the Consulate of Perú in the student´s country or wherever he/she may living al the time of VISA processing. Therefore students need to submit the following information two and a half months prior your departure to Peru.
- Upload the onwards trip ticket to Peru through our application system for incoming students. Students need to arrive in Lima the first dates of March (1st Semester) / first dates of August (2nd Semester).
indicating the city of the Consulate of Peru where they would like to pick up the visa before arriving in Lima. Here is the link where your students need to choose the city from the list considering only the “Consulado General” and not “Sección Consular”:
It is also important to note that this is an Official Visa for studies and the visa will be issued from the day of your arrival until the end of the semester. If students want to stay longer for tourism they will need to get a Tourist Visa (90 days) by leaving the country from any of the borders and entering Peru again.
Once the Official Visa is approved, the institution in charge of giving the “Visa Oficial” is the Consulate of Peru (“Consulado General del Perú”) where students decided to pick it up. The Consulate of Peru usually issues the visa a week prior to their departure to Peru, so students will need to call to confirm if the visa is ready. In the case there are problems, students need to let us know immediately.
STUDENTS MUST TO CONSIDER:
- If students do not meet the deadlines, ESAN will not be responsible of their visa procedure.
- We do not recommend students to enter to our country with a Tourist Visa. In the case that students decide to do so, ESAN will not be responsible for the administrative procedures to change the immigration status. Student would need to do it independently, considering that this is a hard process that will take approximately 3 to 4 months.
- If students present all the requirements on time but the visa is not issued one week before their flight to Peru, it is really important they take into account the following steps:
- These students will need to enter the country with a Tourist Visa. Only in this case, ESAN will be responsible to start the procedures to change the immigration status when students are in Peru.
The Official Visa is only issued for 90 days. Universidad ESAN in accordance with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs regulations will extend their visa. In this case, international students are required to submit the following documents to our International Student Office:
- Original Passport
- Copy of the return ticket or reservation
IMPORTANT: The Official Visa extension process will take almost a month. This means that students will be without their passport during this period and will not be able to travel abroad